Front-End Architecture for SaaS Startups
Your startup is awesome and your customers love you. But your code is becoming a mess, and it's slowing your team down.
Hi! I’m Mariano Miguel. I’m a front-end consultant focused in building scalable CSS architectures and design systems. Unlike other generalist front-end developers, I excel at architecting maintainable web front-ends that will scale as you introduce new features and add hire new team members.
Do any of these issues ring a bell?
- Developers often step on each other's toes and have difficulties communicating with each other.
- Your CSS breaks when making changes to seemingly unrelated parts of your application.
- You can't move UI components around into different parts without the layout breaking.
- You find it hard to close the gap between designers & engineers. You know there must be a way for them to work more closely, but how?!
If that's the case, then I can use my 4+ years of experience in building front-ends to blend scalable, accessible and performant code with measurable business results.
Since 2012, I've collaborated with internationally recognized brands, multi-million dollar startups and numerous web agencies. Projects I’ve worked on have been featured on HackerNews, TechCrunch, Yahoo, FastCo, Time Inc and BusinessWire, to name a few.
Who I work with
I focus on helping SaaS startups and product teams who:
- Have multiple developers actively contributing to their CSS.
- Are growing at a fast pace, and have a need to constantly improve and iterate over their UI.
- Need their code to be flexible enough to deal with unexpected demands from the business & the users.
- Need a maintainable and well-documented approach that can easily be adopted by new developers in the future.
If that sounds like you, then read on!
How I can help
Here are some of the services I provide:
- Code Audits: An in-depth video report where I'll pick apart everything that's wrong with your site's CSS + a comprehensive PDF action plan for you and your team to improve your CSS, web performance & accessibility.
- On-Going Code Reviews: We can set up weekly, bi-weekly or monthly code reviews, where I'll provide you and your team with feedback on any new CSS they've been working on and create tailored lessons to prevent them from making the same mistakes in the future. I will also provide suggestions on how to improve your workflow and collaborate more effectively as I see fit.
However, I do not specialize in:
- Any sort of back-end technologies.
- WordPress or any other CMS powered websites.
Get in touch
I'm currently considering projects for Q1-Q2 2017. Drop me a line and I'll get back to you shortly.Click here to email Mariano
What people are saying
"Mariano: your work has been amazing. There is not a single person who is not impressed by you. You have been instrumental in taking Vimpact to new levels"
"Mariano is talented, fast, friendly, smart and communicative. His code is clean, and he has a good eye for design. I can’t recommend him highly enough."
"This is great, thank you very much. We are very pleased with both the quality and communication!"
I write technical articles on the topics of CSS, front-end architecture, web performance, accessibility & more. Read my articles.
Every Monday, I send an email with exclusive articles and personal updates, along with some of the most interesting articles, news and resources on all things CSS. Subscribe to my weekly newsletter.